- Bjorn De Meyer
I fixed some of the English on this page. (私は日本語を少し話せます)
Welcome! Now we work for translating documents into English. Please visit Developers Team.
Fix some English
I've changed almost everything on this page.
Any problem? yes, there were...so I've refined...
- I changed the download infomation and permissions in installation part. -- merlin
- dc? added a shellscript. perhaps this is already included in the install somewhere, i was surprised i had to manualy change all those permissions...
- welcome dc. If you can extract package on a target machine, permissions will be correct. Prease refer release shell script. -- merlin
# ALL: Read only
find . -type d | while read line; do
chmod 755 "$line"
find . -type f | while read line; do
chmod 644 "$line"
# Add write permission for PukiWiki
chmod 777 attach backup cache counter diff trackback wiki*
chmod 666 wiki*/*.txt cache/*.dat
- I've addded about release of PukiWiki 1.4.4_php5, and 'tar pzxf' instructions. Please remember using 'p' :) -- henoheno
- How can we export all the WIKI pages to a .html or .pdf format to work off-line ? -- Thierry?
- Hi :) (1) Static-HTML (probably relative/short link you want?) feature is not implemented. = Web server and PHP are always needed. (2-A) Dynamic-PDF publishing feature is not available but there's CSS for printing already, so you can try printing PukiWiki pages with Adobe PDF writer or someting. (2-B) I've heard some cool guys converted PukiWiki text into TeX or SmartDoc, but these method will be too difficult for everyone, and seems not multi-purpose. -- henoheno
- Say, many people installed PukiWiki in ther own notebook computer to read/write someting, and some people use rsync to synchronize/mirror it. -- henoheno
- ‘Therefore it is capable of being called not as a fork of YukiWiki‘ forkは何と言う意味ですか。 --
- 「File liist」listです -- ジャッキー?
- 「liist」→「list」直しました。 -- msctake?
- The inclusion of the paint package is by far the most interesting thing about pukiwiki, but i can't get it working based on the english documents I have.....could anybody provide some clearer instructions on how to get it working....do you have to set up a directory for it to save to for instance?? Thanks. -- Mike Bowen?
- You need to download bbspainter.zip and extract it within your pukiwiki directory. Your browser needs to be Java-enabled. You can set the size of paint area like #paint(width, height) where width and height need to be replaced with integers. -- ta?
- couldn't get #paint working with JRE1.5+bbspainter.jar -- ta?
- NOTE for PukiWiki 1.4.5 testing users: PukiWiki 1.4.5 and alpha have a problem with LANG=en (detail: dev:BugTrack/794). Please update into the latest 1.4.5_1. Sorry for your inconvenience. -- henoheno
- To change permission r&w to owner group to no permission to others --
- what stops people like "Dr. Evil" from changing or deleting content? -- Nerf?
- There're 2 ways: the one is to trun on "read-only" function and the other is to use "edit authentication", both of which can be configured in "pukiwiki.ini.php". If you want to have a more powerful user permission, you may well consider using Pukiwiki as a module for Xoops. In that case, search for B-Wiki or PukiWikiMod. -- Mr. Incredible?
- If you consider to protect contents from anonymous READERs (and to open them only for specific users), PKWK_READONLY functionallity will cause very strict protection from editing (and using something editable plugins). -- henoheno
- how can we delete a page in PukiWiki? i cant seem to find the link anywhere -- uzi?
- Hi. Please just remove whole contents of the page. This is one of basics of WikiWikiWeb. Note that if someone removes a page on PukiWiki, the page "RecentDeleted" will notify that. Then the other one will recover page contents from backup if s/he think. So you can't remove a page without notice. (If wiki-site administrator want, e-mail also notify everything about the site with your remote ip-address etc :) ) -- henoheno
- Hi, google does help us engish speaking folk a bit. try the google translation: http://220.127.116.11/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&langpair=ja%7Cen&u=http://pukiwiki.sourceforge.jp/%3FFrontPage&prev=/language_tools -- problemloeser
- how can i submit a skin to pukiwiki? -- problemloeser
- You can introduce your skin at: 自作スキン -- henoheno 2006-04-30 (日) 19:21:07
- Hi, is it possible to put some streaming media with pukiwiki ? thk -- pascal?
- I use the iso-8859-1 language setting but german umlauts do not show up in pukiwiki. if i set the language to UTF-1 I only get question marks. any suggestions? -- problemloeser
- This site uses UTF-8, change your settings, please. -- okkez
- sorry typo! i meant utf-8. but the 1.4.6. final version fixed my problem! -- problemloeser
- how to construct category structure? eg. Members / Male Members / 20-30 years old members. How to set those and the breadcrumbs? -- andrey?
- For the above category structure, how to create a page which is under the 20-30 years old member category? -- andrey?
- Some users use "topicpath" plugin to show breadcrumbs-navigatin with slash-separated page name like "A/B/C/D"(See header part of this site), and hack to "comment"/"pcomment" plugin to output string "foobar" for username "foobar" with a link to the page "Member/foobar". This hack helps low-lebel categorization between pages for "member information" and others. -- henoheno 2006-04-30 (日) 19:59:46
- You seems to want to add some optional attributes: gender and age or more. How about adding special pages and using back-link? -- henoheno 2006-04-30 (日) 19:42:41
- Example: (1) Add a link to the page ":Birth/1990-1999" to '90 user's pages (2) check back link of the page ":Birth/1990-1999" (3) '90 user's pages and pages that talk about the page ":Birth/1990-1999" will be shown -- henoheno 2006-04-30 (日) 19:59:46
- Is it possible to show users name under the pages they made as from the .htaccess and also some revision # of the page? -- dj?
- where's the sandbox? --
- is there any way to change the default placement (center) of tables? -- chris?
- I changed the display of the search results. You can find the sourcecode and an explanation there. -- problemloeser
- Since my update to 1.4.7 special chars like (→) are not displayed anymore but the characters (→). Any ideas on how to fix this? I use UTF-8 as a character set. -- problemloeser